- Romguide.ro published in print and online press!
- Romguide has signed an exclusive partnership with BCR Tennis Partner.
- Romania First in History to Win Three Pomme d’Or Awards
- Elena Udrea signed a financing contract through the Regional Operational Programme in Tulcea
- European strategy in the Danube region - opportunities for regional economies involved
- MDRT supports the development of tourist resorts
Search for places to visit
With Romania's adhesion to the Ramsar Convention in 1991, Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve (DDBRA) was recognized as a wetland of international importance especially as waterfowl habitat. Taking into ac [read more]
Among the historical monasteries, which decorates the Romanian ground, Hurezi Monastery is considered, along with its hermitages, the most representative architecture complex, defining the Brancoveanu [read more]
judetul Botosani, Bucovina
The church was made out of thick oak beams, has shaped vessel with a small octagonal tower above the nave. The church has a fresco painting, work of the painter hieromonk Vartolomeu Dolhan in 1956. The old cemetery of nuns and monks is found around the church. It also includes the graves of the three aunts after the mother of the poet Mihai Eminescu: Sofia, Fevronia and Olimpiada Iurascu, the latest one being, one time, Superior of the monastery. The tradition tells that many times in childhood, the poet Mihai Eminescu came here to visit his aunts.
A new church wall built between 1838-1843, with the titular saint "Descent of Holy Spirit", in Moldavian style, cross shaped, without external ornamentation and roof adorned with three large wooden towers with octagonal base. Made in 1929, the painting of the church was made by the painter P. Livescu in Botosani. The bell tower was built in 1878 to form a square and ends with a round tower identical to those of the church.
In time, this sacred ceremonial edifice witnessed a significant development, thanks to its position. In this monastery almost always, pilgrims came for worship and prayer and a number of personalities. The monastery was recognized by its manufacturing workshops: carpet weaving, embroidery, sewing, knitting etc. In 1959 when the church was abolished, there lived more than 300 nuns who lived in houses similar to those in monasteries Varatec and Agapia.
Agafton Monastery was disbanded by the Decree 410/1959. This was organized in the Decrees 218/1960 and 712/1966.
After the Revolution of December 1989, in March 1991, Agafton Monastery was rebuilt. Currently, Agafton Monastery is in a complex process of restoration.