Romana
Contact
Add to Favorites
Community
Travel Info
All about Romania
Home

2120 places

Places to visit

0  results
 
Results list
 

« 7-12 / 2120 »

Probota Monastery

judetul Suceava, Bucovina

Located in Probota, in Suceava County, Probota Monastery was built at the order of Prince of Moldova, Petru Rares. The name of this monastery is of Slavic origin and means "brotherhood". The [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
24 x Images
1 x videos
UNESCO

The Wooden Church of Ieud Deal

judetul Maramures, Maramures

Built by the local noble family in the early seventeenth century in Ieud, the old church situated on the hill is a century older than the wooden plain church. The Wooden Church from Ieud Deal represen [read more]

Biserica, Categoria: Religios
10 x Images
0 x videos
UNESCO

Ghelinta - the frescoes of St. Ladislau's legend

Covasna, judetul Covasna

Built in Roman style, the old building of the Roman Catholic Church in the village of Ghelinta was enlarged in the fifteenth century, but the frescoes made in the early fourteenth century were kept in [read more]

Biserica, Categoria: Religios
3 x Images
0 x videos
UNESCO

Saint John the New Monastery

judetul Suceava, Bucovina

Built to face the multitude of believers coming to pray at the relics of Saint John the New (in Rom. Sfantul Ioan cel Nou), Saint John the New Monastery of Suceava is a monastery of monks, which is de [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
18 x Images
1 x videos
UNESCO

Saint Nicholas Wooden Church

judetul Maramures, Maramures

Built in 1643, Saint Nicholas Wooden Church from Budesti represents an eloquent example of a typical church from Maramures. Representative in this sense is the structure of the monastery: with high in [read more]

Biserica, Categoria: Religios
9 x Images
0 x videos
UNESCO

Calnic Fortress

judetul Alba, Transilvania

The name of the settlement is of Slavic origin, 'kal' or 'Kalinik' (= clay, loamy), being initially taken by the Romanians or the Hungarians, and then by the Sas people. The Sas name of the village is [read more]

Cetate, Categoria: Istoric
3 x Images
4 x videos
UNESCO

Ioan Slavici Classical Theater

Arad, judetul Arad

Phone0257 280016
AddressBlvd. Revolutiei, 103
Emailoffice@teatrulclasic.ro
Contact personLaurian Oniga

Description

 The Classical Theater "Ioan Slavici" is established in one of the most magnificent buildings of Arad. The magnificent edifice was built in the nineteenth century. In 1868, the authorities from Arad decided the construction of two buildings representative for the city: that of city hall and that of the theater. The construction of the neoclassical theater Arad began in 1872 and ended in 1874, the year when took place the first performances.

The Classical Theater Ioan Slavici
is built on three levels, occupying an important place on the attention scale given by its builders. The Hall was designed with a round wall made of fir wood. The Hall had three stories, gallery and 92 lodges. Downstairs there was a total of 276 seats and 150 seats for standing, the floors I and II were only lodges, and the third floor balcony with 72 seats and the gallery with 170 seats.

The room capacity amounted to 1250 places. The scene had a depth of 16 m, 10 m and the bridge opening was 20 m. At the room decoration worked artists and craftsmen from Vienna, Budapest and Arad.

After the fire produced in 1883, City Council decided the rebuilding of the theater on the old site, using parts of the building that survived after the fire. The hall was rebuilt and modernized, the viewers' acces and the places' disposal. Over time, inside the building were made several changes. In 1957, a devastating fire destroyed much of the building when the theater just finished some extensive repair works. Local authorities have granted the necessary funds to complete the restoration of the building.

The theater restoration project was awarded to the most important architect specializing in theater buildings in Romania, Professor Alexandru Iotzu. He asked that the entire building to be meant for the theater, the hall was rebuilt in concrete structures, the scene remains at its original size, being saved from the fire because of the iron curtain. There were generously furnished the cabins for actors, production workshops, a gym, the library, rehearsal rooms, storage for sets and props.

At the inauguration of the State Theater buildings in 1960, Arad was the most modern theater building in our country. In 1967, took place the inauguration of Studio chamber that entered the reportorial program. This second room was also equipped with an Italian stage and in 2002 it was decided to transform it into a multi-purpose hall designed for experimental performances and studio. Currently, inside the building, near the State Theater Arad, works the Arad Branch of "Writers Union from Romania" and the prestigious editorial review ARCA.

The Great Hall with 400 seats is reserved mainly to the classical repertoire and the Studio room with 100 seats is used for projects in contemporary drama and those related to the theatrical experiment.

Latest Posts

^ Top