Romana
Contact
Add to Favorites
Community
Travel Info
All about Romania
Home

2120 places

Places to visit

0  results
 
Results list
 

1-6 / 2120 »

Sighisoara Fortress

Sighisoara, judetul Mures

Sighisoara is a medieval fortress with architectural ensembles made in rural Gothic style, but also in Renaissance and Baroque styles, which are the result of a constructive effort appeared later in t [read more]

Cetate, Categoria: Istoric
8 x Images
2 x videos
UNESCO

Barsana Monastery

judetul Maramures, Maramures

The Monastery “Synaxis of the 12 Holy Apostles" from Barsana is a convent, located at 22 km southeast of the Sighetu Marmatiei city, at the exit of Barsana, to the Slatioara bridge, where t [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios | Biserica, Categoria: Religios
21 x Images
6 x videos
UNESCO

Voronet Monastery

Gura Humorului, judetul Suceava

Founded by Stefan cel Mare, Voronet Monastery church dedicated to "St. Gheorghe" is a synthesis of Byzantine and Gothic elements, made in an original manner. With a brilliant ingenuity, with [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
18 x Images
1 x videos
UNESCO

The Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve (DDBRA)

Delta Dunarii, judetul Tulcea

With Romania's adhesion to the Ramsar Convention in 1991, Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve (DDBRA) was recognized as a wetland of international importance especially as waterfowl habitat. Taking into ac [read more]

Parc, Categoria: Natura
12 x Images
0 x videos
UNESCO

Humor Monastery

Gura Humorului, judetul Suceava

Situated at a distance of 5 to 6 km of Gura Humorului, Humor Monastery is one of the most famous foundations of the Romanian Middle Ages. It was built in 1530 by Toader Bubuiog, member of the divan of [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
7 x Images
2 x videos
UNESCO

Hurezi (Horezu) Monastery

Horezu, judetul Valcea

Among the historical monasteries, which decorates the Romanian ground, Hurezi Monastery is considered, along with its hermitages, the most representative architecture complex, defining the Brancoveanu [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
9 x Images
1 x videos
UNESCO

Jozsef Szent Kalazanci Roman Catholic Church

Carei, judetul Satu Mare

Address1 Decembrie 1918

Description

Certified since 1333, the Roman Catholic parish in town, also had the church. The church changes throughout its evolution: in the 1550s it enters in the possession of the reformed, from wich it was taken in 1723 by Count Karolyi Sandor; between years 1769-1779 Count Karolyi Antal builds a new church in honor of St. Kalazanci Szent József. Because of the earthquake of 1834, the church was rebuilt and receives the current form between 1857-1860, after the plans of the architect Ybl Miklos.

The church was rebuilt in Baroque style by Antal Karolyi (1732-1791) in gratitude for the birth of his son, Joseph. With minor interruptions, the construction occurred during 1769-1791. The one who had made the church was the family's architect, Joseph Bitthauser.

The church is one of the most valuable churche in area, in the eighteenth century. The structure of this place of worship is ordered as it follows: the vessel of rectangular plan with rounded corners, received a narrow sanctuary, closed with a semicircular apse and a hall of the same length in front of the entry door. On the sides of the sanctuary there were built two sacristy, both having an oratory in the upper part; the choir is supported by pillars located in the west hall and it is provided with an arched rail; the access is done through two separate scales annexed to the tower; the interior wall of the church, divided by pillars, is designed with niches of variable sizes, containing icons made by the Viennese master Johann Ignatz Cymbal.

The altars are made in Baroque style, and from left to right, they are dedicated to St. Andrew of Avellino, St. Joseph, St. Anthony of Padua, St. John Nepomuk, Holy Trinity and Holy Virgin with the three Saints Kings of Hungary. Typical for the Hungarian nobles of that period, the clothing of the saints is one of the special elements of the painting.

The outside of the church is represented by the typical baroque architectural elements: the main facade is decorated with statues, the cornices and the pilasters are prominent. The facade continues on the upper part with the tower, with convex sides. Traces of the restoration made by Ybl Miklos after the earthquake of 1834 are visible at the higher limit of the tower and the side of the facades.

Latest Posts

^ Top