- Romguide.ro published in print and online press!
- Romguide has signed an exclusive partnership with BCR Tennis Partner.
- Romania First in History to Win Three Pomme d’Or Awards
- Elena Udrea signed a financing contract through the Regional Operational Programme in Tulcea
- European strategy in the Danube region - opportunities for regional economies involved
- MDRT supports the development of tourist resorts
Places to visit
With Romania's adhesion to the Ramsar Convention in 1991, Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve (DDBRA) was recognized as a wetland of international importance especially as waterfowl habitat. Taking into ac [read more]
Among the historical monasteries, which decorates the Romanian ground, Hurezi Monastery is considered, along with its hermitages, the most representative architecture complex, defining the Brancoveanu [read more]
judetul Alba, Transilvania
Thanks to its location, situated 40 kilometers of the nearest human settlement and more than 1400 meters of altitude, in an area with plenty of quiet and fresh air, Oasa Monastery presents the chance, especially for the young people, to know and taste the joy of authentic spiritual life.
The writer Ioan Pop built in 1943 a wooden church. Here, Ioan Pop often met with the great storyteller Mihail Sadoveanu. The church was improved in the years 1982-1983. Founded by Ionel Pop, and his friend, Mihail Sadoveanu, the wooden church was moved here in 1983 because of the accumulation lake on Sebes river - Alba county. The lake have made necessary the church's movement in another place - in the place where the church is today. Currently the church is reconditioned and improved.
Father Petru Sora of Sugag, at the end of the eighties, has made some improvements, and in 1990 the church was consecrated. The task management was been given to the newly founded monastery,monk Macarius Justinian. The community of nuns lived in the convent until 2000, when along with the date of June 1, because of the difficult access to it, especially in winter, and being at an altitude of 1,400 feet, the church turned into a nunnery.
Because of the material hardships and financial nature, Mother Superior helped by the common, with the Hydro Building Trust and the support of the noble believers, several buildings around the church have been created. These buildings are of wall, covered with the board. The building for the cell is built in Brancoveanu style and has one floor. The second building is for the abbey, and the third for the refectory, kitchen and pantry for food. In front of the church was built a tower.