Romana
Contact
Add to Favorites
Community
Travel Info
All about Romania
Home

2120 places

Places to visit

0  results
 
Results list
 

« 7-12 / 2120 »

Probota Monastery

judetul Suceava, Bucovina

Located in Probota, in Suceava County, Probota Monastery was built at the order of Prince of Moldova, Petru Rares. The name of this monastery is of Slavic origin and means "brotherhood". The [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
24 x Images
1 x videos
UNESCO

The Wooden Church of Ieud Deal

judetul Maramures, Maramures

Built by the local noble family in the early seventeenth century in Ieud, the old church situated on the hill is a century older than the wooden plain church. The Wooden Church from Ieud Deal represen [read more]

Biserica, Categoria: Religios
10 x Images
0 x videos
UNESCO

Ghelinta - the frescoes of St. Ladislau's legend

Covasna, judetul Covasna

Built in Roman style, the old building of the Roman Catholic Church in the village of Ghelinta was enlarged in the fifteenth century, but the frescoes made in the early fourteenth century were kept in [read more]

Biserica, Categoria: Religios
3 x Images
0 x videos
UNESCO

Saint John the New Monastery

judetul Suceava, Bucovina

Built to face the multitude of believers coming to pray at the relics of Saint John the New (in Rom. Sfantul Ioan cel Nou), Saint John the New Monastery of Suceava is a monastery of monks, which is de [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
18 x Images
1 x videos
UNESCO

Saint Nicholas Wooden Church

judetul Maramures, Maramures

Built in 1643, Saint Nicholas Wooden Church from Budesti represents an eloquent example of a typical church from Maramures. Representative in this sense is the structure of the monastery: with high in [read more]

Biserica, Categoria: Religios
9 x Images
0 x videos
UNESCO

Calnic Fortress

judetul Alba, Transilvania

The name of the settlement is of Slavic origin, 'kal' or 'Kalinik' (= clay, loamy), being initially taken by the Romanians or the Hungarians, and then by the Sas people. The Sas name of the village is [read more]

Cetate, Categoria: Istoric
3 x Images
4 x videos
UNESCO

Orthodox Church

Sighisoara, judetul Mures

Description

The Orthodox Church – is situated near the entry in Sighisoara, from Tg. Mures, and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary Entrance in the Church, the first Romanian Christian building built of stone in the area.

It was built in 1788-1797 on the settlement of a wooden church, during the serevice of priest Stefan Balas from Sacele-Brasov. The building is a neoclassical monument adapted to the requirements of Orthodox worship, here being kept from that time: the bell, a pall (liturgical veil) and a golden goblet.

The mural painting inside is signed by the artist Veniamin Precup, made between 1983-1984.
The old iconostasis painted by Ioan Pop from Brasov was given to the monastery from Jacul Romanesc, while the current iconostasis dates from 1997 and is carved in wood by the artist Hutanu originating from Bacau.

Latest Posts

^ Top