Romana
Contact
Add to Favorites
Community
Travel Info
All about Romania
Home

2120 places

Places to visit

0  results
 
Results list
 

Sighisoara Fortress

Sighisoara, judetul Mures

Sighisoara is a medieval fortress with architectural ensembles made in rural Gothic style, but also in Renaissance and Baroque styles, which are the result of a constructive effort appeared later in t [read more]

Cetate, Categoria: Istoric
8 x Images
2 x videos
UNESCO

Barsana Monastery

judetul Maramures, Maramures

The Monastery “Synaxis of the 12 Holy Apostles" from Barsana is a convent, located at 22 km southeast of the Sighetu Marmatiei city, at the exit of Barsana, to the Slatioara bridge, where t [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios | Biserica, Categoria: Religios
21 x Images
6 x videos
UNESCO

Voronet Monastery

Gura Humorului, judetul Suceava

Founded by Stefan cel Mare, Voronet Monastery church dedicated to "St. Gheorghe" is a synthesis of Byzantine and Gothic elements, made in an original manner. With a brilliant ingenuity, with [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
18 x Images
1 x videos
UNESCO

The Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve (DDBRA)

Delta Dunarii, judetul Tulcea

With Romania's adhesion to the Ramsar Convention in 1991, Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve (DDBRA) was recognized as a wetland of international importance especially as waterfowl habitat. Taking into ac [read more]

Parc, Categoria: Natura
12 x Images
0 x videos
UNESCO

Humor Monastery

Gura Humorului, judetul Suceava

Situated at a distance of 5 to 6 km of Gura Humorului, Humor Monastery is one of the most famous foundations of the Romanian Middle Ages. It was built in 1530 by Toader Bubuiog, member of the divan of [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
7 x Images
2 x videos
UNESCO

Hurezi (Horezu) Monastery

Horezu, judetul Valcea

Among the historical monasteries, which decorates the Romanian ground, Hurezi Monastery is considered, along with its hermitages, the most representative architecture complex, defining the Brancoveanu [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
9 x Images
1 x videos
UNESCO

Paris Casino Constanta

Constanta, judetul Constanta

Address,,Faleza Constanta

Description

Built in 1909, Paris Casino Constanta was inaugurated in August 1910. The casino is one of the first buildings that were constructed in Constanta, almost immediately after that city was taken over by the Romanian administration and was no longer called Kustenge.
The design was created by the architect Daniel Renard (the first project was conducted in 1903, in 1905 architect Petre Antonescu made a 2nd project, but the first project was elected). Daniel Renard conceived the Casino from Constanta in Art Nouveau style, becoming the promoter of this trend in Romania.

On August 15, 1910, the Casino was inaugurated in the presence of Prince Ferdinand and was rented by Alphonse Hietz, owner of restaurants and hotels in Bucharest. On March 15, 1911, Common Council authorized the gambling and the building was equipped with two billiards tables and 17 round tables for card games. After a short period, the Casino became one of the most popular establishments of its kind in Europe, preferred by gaming enthusiasts who came here incognito from all over the world.

In the early twentieth century, the Casino was a very special place where only the rich people had access, where evening dress was required and the luxury was a natural attitude. In this sense, the Casino was considered a place of perdition, extremely deceptive. In its halls drama has consumed, creating an aura of mystery around this building.  Its history includes many tragedies and unfortunate story.

During the First World War it was transformed into a hospital, but nevertheless was fiercely bombed. In the interwar period the Casino returned to its destination, continuing the range of passionate stories carried in an exciting  luxury space, around the gaming tables. Currently, the Casino continues to be showy at the seaside, awaiting the brilliance of the old times.

The casino was, for decades, the representative building of the city, a true symbol of Constanta. Between years 1985-1987 the building was renovated and the furniture was completely changed.

Latest Posts

^ Top