Romana
Contact
Add to Favorites
Community
Travel Info
All about Romania
Home

2120 places

Places to visit

0  results
 
Results list
 

« 7-12 / 2120 »

Probota Monastery

judetul Suceava, Bucovina

Located in Probota, in Suceava County, Probota Monastery was built at the order of Prince of Moldova, Petru Rares. The name of this monastery is of Slavic origin and means "brotherhood". The [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
24 x Images
1 x videos
UNESCO

The Wooden Church of Ieud Deal

judetul Maramures, Maramures

Built by the local noble family in the early seventeenth century in Ieud, the old church situated on the hill is a century older than the wooden plain church. The Wooden Church from Ieud Deal represen [read more]

Biserica, Categoria: Religios
10 x Images
0 x videos
UNESCO

Ghelinta - the frescoes of St. Ladislau's legend

Covasna, judetul Covasna

Built in Roman style, the old building of the Roman Catholic Church in the village of Ghelinta was enlarged in the fifteenth century, but the frescoes made in the early fourteenth century were kept in [read more]

Biserica, Categoria: Religios
3 x Images
0 x videos
UNESCO

Saint John the New Monastery

judetul Suceava, Bucovina

Built to face the multitude of believers coming to pray at the relics of Saint John the New (in Rom. Sfantul Ioan cel Nou), Saint John the New Monastery of Suceava is a monastery of monks, which is de [read more]

Manastire, Categoria: Religios
18 x Images
1 x videos
UNESCO

Saint Nicholas Wooden Church

judetul Maramures, Maramures

Built in 1643, Saint Nicholas Wooden Church from Budesti represents an eloquent example of a typical church from Maramures. Representative in this sense is the structure of the monastery: with high in [read more]

Biserica, Categoria: Religios
9 x Images
0 x videos
UNESCO

Calnic Fortress

judetul Alba, Transilvania

The name of the settlement is of Slavic origin, 'kal' or 'Kalinik' (= clay, loamy), being initially taken by the Romanians or the Hungarians, and then by the Sas people. The Sas name of the village is [read more]

Cetate, Categoria: Istoric
3 x Images
4 x videos
UNESCO

The History of Pharmacy Colection

Cluj-Napoca, judetul Cluj

AddressPiata Unirii, 28

Description

The National History Museum of Transylvania from Cluj-Napoca comprises in its patrimony an unique collection illustrating the history of pharmacy. The collection is located in a separate building from Union Square, at the intersection with King Ferdinand Street. The edifice itself is included among the historical monuments, here being opened the first pharmacy in Cluj in 1573.

The building was rented to the private pharmacists in 1752, until then pharmacies being under the government authority. The first  private pharmacist was Tobias Mauksch.

Until 1949, here operated Saint George pharmacy. The History of Pharmacy Collection has been compiled by Professor Iuliu Orient and is found in four rooms on the ground floor and in the basement.

On the ceiling of the office are preserved original frescoes from the eighteenth century, with pharmaceutical symbols. The exhibition ensemble includes wooden pharmaceutical objects, empire style cabinets, tile, ceramics, porcelain and glass belonging to the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.

The reception office contains old recipes, medicines, seals of the medieval pharmacies. The storeroom hosts several pieces of furniture from the old pharmacies with a large collection of objects of pharmaceutical use gathered from all over Transylvania. From this room, a staircase leads to the cellar where was the laboratory. As exhibits there are found numerous bronze mortars (16-19 centuries), scales, marble and cast iron.
The Pharmacy Museum totals a beautiful old crafts objects collection that clears the spirit thorugh passion and authenticity.

Latest Posts

^ Top