- Romguide.ro published in print and online press!
- Romguide has signed an exclusive partnership with BCR Tennis Partner.
- Romania First in History to Win Three Pomme d’Or Awards
- Elena Udrea signed a financing contract through the Regional Operational Programme in Tulcea
- European strategy in the Danube region - opportunities for regional economies involved
- MDRT supports the development of tourist resorts
Places to visit
With Romania's adhesion to the Ramsar Convention in 1991, Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve (DDBRA) was recognized as a wetland of international importance especially as waterfowl habitat. Taking into ac [read more]
Among the historical monasteries, which decorates the Romanian ground, Hurezi Monastery is considered, along with its hermitages, the most representative architecture complex, defining the Brancoveanu [read more]
The Wooden Church from Sarbi Susani
judetul Maramures, Maramures
The Wooden Church of Saint Paraschiva is the creation of master Gozda signed on the portal from Budesti Josani in 1643. To him may be assigned Slatioara wooden church, built before 1639, demolished in the early twentieth century. The church was dated by Tid Bud since 1532. The age left by Titus Bud perpetuated to Aurel Bongiu who proposed the reading of the year 1667 in the inscription on the door.
The Dendrochronology dating established in 1997 that the wooden church is older by nearly three decades, the wood is cut in the winter of 1638-1639. The dwelling was probably built in the following summer. Information stored in the church, and the census of 1774 and 1786-89, it is revealed that the wooden church builder from Sarbi Susai belonged to a family of low nobility at the top of the village, from the homes of former medieval settlements Balotesti and Camarzana.
The tower was added before 1751, possibly at the date of the lettering on the door entrance in 1667. In the spring of 1760 the church was painted the temple of the itinerant painter Alexander Ponehalschi. The painter captured the important data about this time in two of the temples on the iconostasis.
According to the inscription on the wall behind the iconostasis, the altar was painted in 1800: "The hand of Nicolai Famochevici, Year of God 18 hundreds, May month, day one". Before the painting was closed, the shutter window pane from the east was ended and replaced with a new small window above it.